Ruben Ochoa, three the hard way, 2009. Photo: 16 Miles [more]
Massive Picasso coverage, new Warhol album covers, an epic Ernesto Neto installation, the news that Donald Judd collected fine whiskey, and the nicest day so far this year in New York. There's a lot to get excited about this week:
- Great videos about Picasso: Mosqueteros, the show of the artist's late work at Gagosian, including interviews with biographer John Richardson and grandson Bernard Picasso.
- According to @theartmarket, there may have been 5,000 visitors to the Picasso show last weekend, following Roberta Smith's laudatory review in the Times.
- More than 50 previously-forgotten Andy Warhol album covers, have been rediscovered. (via Little Known Facts)
- Ernesto Neto will be taking over the Park Avenue Armory from May 14 to June 14, constructing an epic installation, curated by Tom Eccles.
- "Judd accrued enormous collections of things as varied as top-flight whiskey, ceramics, and Native American rugs, not to mention hundreds of pairs of artisanal Dutch clogs—all carefully catalogued and categorized." A list of some of history's most famous debtors. (via C-Monster)