"Vomiting on Painting was an Artistic Act." Sticker on 22nd Street between 10th and 11th Avenues. Photo: 16 Miles.
- Need cash fast? Have pricey art for collateral? Art Capital Group is ready.
- Which reminds us of: Cash for Your Warhol. Explained.
- The UK Times and Saatchi tally the votes and declare the Top 200 Artists of the 20th Century. Warhol is number eight.
- Eli Broad's name rhymes with road, a book by Joel Holmberg reminds us. He owns many Warhols. [via AFC]
- Obama viewed a Kandinsky show in Paris, though he missed Bruce Nauman's win in Venice.
- Art Observed had stellar coverage of Venice, including work by Liam Gillick, Elmgreen & Dragset, and Mona Hatoum, among others.
- The FBI has a division devoted to art thefts. The Art Crime Team's (ACT) official site. Check out that insignia.
- They don't cover art vandalism, though. The sticker above references 22-year-old art student Jubal Brown's 'performance' puking all over Mondrian's Composition in Red, White, and Blue in 1996. Some other notable occurrences of art vandalism.