Yayoi Kusama, Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity, 2009. Photo: 16 Miles
“Buying Kiss was a huge ordeal,” Biesenbach reports. The negotiations involved a dozen different people, including lawyers, curators, dealers, conservators, and an “interpreter” for Sehgal.
- Linda Yablonsky, on collecting the ephemeral, in ArtNews. More of this, please.
- Mass MoCA now has cash. For its first ten years, not so much.
- Holland Cotter highlights some a Pictures Generation cover-up noted by CAD.
- In other Met news, a Dutch Vermeer is coming to visit.
- Anaba was up in Hudson, New York. I want to see Pettibon and Okon in Venice Beach.
- Creative Time is bringing contemporary art to Governors Island.
- Jerry Saltz is not starting a blog, and this is why.
- Tracey Emin always looks like she's having fun. Lots of fun.