Tom Marioni, FREE BEER (The Act of Drinking Beer with Friends Is the Highest Form of Art), 1970-79. Photo: Steve Rhodes
"With more than one thousand beer cans to be consumed in the course of one evening, the performance creates an instant community: as beer cans are emptied, Martin Soto Climent will alter them with a slight crush and places them on the floor in a formation."
- Visitors to the Martin Soto Climent's performance on June 23 will consume many beers, reminding us a bit of Tom Marioni's FREE BEER... piece shown at SFMOMA recently.
- Winkleman suggests that people interested in art are also curious about animals, referencing the charming art collectors Herb & Dorothy Vogel, who are in a new film.
- "At Storm King I'm working with the idea of what happens when those waves go above your head." - Maya Lin, interviewed by Time critic Richard Lacayo. She's working on a video for Times Square.
- "Is négritude viable or historically spent?" Voice critic Martha Schwendener at Exit Art's Négritude. [via MAN]
- "The oldest art show in the world." [via Amy Goodwin]
- I want to look at John Wesley paintings all day long.